The modern era is synonymous with technical advancements and this is apparent in our behavior towards the smart gadgets. There is hardly any day when we don't use a PC or mobile to do our work or communicate with a distant friend. Given that almost all our life's facets are completely dependent on the internet, it's become utterly important that there occurs no disruption during our usage. That's where WiFi range extenders come into play.
For sure, you have a WiFi router installed at your home and shell out a lot of dough to your ISP for a connection but what if it's not behaving up to your expectations? Worry not! Having a Netgear WiFi extender installed will resolve a poor signal issue and let you use the network even from the remote areas of your house. A proper Netgear extender setup e.g. Netgear N300 WiFi Extender setup will fix all your network speed-related problems in no time.
Is a WiFi Extender Useful for You?
A WiFi range extender proves a lot helpful of all those folks whose wireless network is not efficient enough to cover every corner of their residence. Just by investing in a Netgear extender, you can rest assured that the network range makes its way beyond your rooms and even across the street. All in all, a Netgear wireless extender is the ultimate solution to extend the existing WiFi signal throughout the home.
Is a WiFi Range Extender Compatible With All Wireless Networks?
Provided that WiFi networks are enclosed by a number of speeds and technologies, so your possibilities of getting confused with the wireless network standards increase. Don't fret, though! Regardless of several network standards, a WiFi extender works compatibly with both older and newer network, from 802.11b/g/n to 802.11ac.
Here, you need to take two things into consideration: one is security and another is frequency. Although most extenders are compatible with the latest network security standard (WPA2), some still provide support for WEP and WPA encryption. Security experts recommend to avert WEP because it lacks advanced security.
For frequency, ensure that your wireless network and extender use the same frequency bands i.e. 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You can use mywifiext web address to change the encryption type as well as frequency bands for your Netgear extender.
How to Set up a Netgear WiFi Range Extender?
So you have made up your mind to go with a Netgear extender! Good. You can easily set it up by following the instructions mentioned below:
1. Turn on your WiFi range extender by plugging it into a wall outlet.
2. Now, power on your PC or laptop and connect it to a wireless network.
3. Launch a web browser and head over to the default Netgear mywifiext login portal.
4. If it doesn't open, check the entered web address and clear the web browser history.
5. Once you are on the login page, fill in the username and password and hit enter key.
6. You will be accompanied by the genie smart setup wizard.
7. This wizard will provide you a step-by-step guidance for your WiFi range extender setup.
8. Select your network name and click on the continue button.
9. Input the network password to proceed further with the Netgear_ext setup process.
10. Set up a wireless connection between your existing router and extender.
11. After that, check the wireless settings of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
12. Now, click on the continue button to finalize the setup process.
Once done, a new page will appear showing you a message, 'congratulations! The extender has successfully set up'. In this way, you will be able to set up your WiFi range extender and access high-speed, interruption-free internet connection all over the home.