Every Surah in the Quran has major advantages. The reading of Surah Kausar is also linked with several rites and advantages. A person who recites Surah Kausar
on a regular basis will undoubtedly get benefits on the Day of Resurrection.
Let’s know more about the shortest Surah of the Quran and the benefits that are associated with it.
What Is The Meaning Of Surah Kausar?
The idea of spiritual wealth via dedication and sacrifice is summed up in Surah Kausar.
This Surah is first and foremost addressed to Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), and then to the rest of the Muslims via him.
Al-Kawthar means abundance in Arabic, and it is also the name of a river in Jannah that Allah (SWT) has given Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and from which the faithful shall drink on the Day of Resurrection (Yawm Al-Qiyamah).
“Verily, we have blessed You with Al Kausar”
(Surah al Kausar)
kawthar, as applied to believers, represents the ability to gain knowledge, conduct good work, be kind to all beings,
and so achieve dignity and inner peace.
kawthar can alternatively be translated as Cistern. This Cistern will be placed at the location where the ummah of Muhammad (PBUH) would congregate on the Day of Resurrection. The water for this cistern will be drawn from the river of Al-Kawthar in Jannah.
Anas (May Allah Be Pleased With Him) said that the Prophet (PBUH) was asked about Al-Kawthar and he said:
“That is a river which Allah SWT has given to me, in Jannah. It is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey,
and in it are birds whose necks are like the necks of camels.”
Why Was Surah Kausar Revealed?
Despite the fact that it is a brief surah, its meaning and message are enormous in importance and hope.
This Surah was revealed during a particularly difficult period in the life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
because it was during this period that the prophet’s enemies referred to him as Abtar, which means “cut off,”
because both of his male children from his wife Khadija (May Allah Be Pleased With Her) had died.
This was also the time when the Muslims were few in numbers and weak compared to the enemies of Islam.
Allah SWT revealed this surah to tell prophet Muhammad (PBUH) that He granted him a river in Jannah,
then told him that his enemies are the cut-off ones.
Anas (May Allah Be Pleased With Him) once narrated the incident in which the surah was revealed while the Holy Prophet was among them.
“In the meantime, He dozed; then He raised His head, smiling, according to some traditions,
the people asked what for He was smiling, according to others, He Himself told them that a Surah had just been revealed to Him.
Then, he recited surah kosar; then he asked the people whether they knew what Kausar was.
When they said that Allah and His Messenger had the best knowledge,
He said; It is a river which my Lord has granted me in Paradise.”
What Number Is Surah Kausar?
Surah Kausar is the 108th chapter in the holy Quran. It falls in the 30th and last para (Juz) of the Quran.
It is the shortest of the Quran Kareem, with only three verses. This is one of the most popular surahs since almost every Muslim knows it by heart.
How Many Words Are In Surah Kausar?
Surah Kausar has 10 words. It has only 3 ayat and each ayah consists of 3 words except for the last one which consists of 4 words.
No wonder it’s regarded as the shortest Surah of the whole Quran Kareem. The Surah goes like this:
إِنَّاۤ أَعۡطَیۡنَـٰكَ ٱلۡكَوۡثَرَ
فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَٱنۡحَرۡ
إِنَّ شَانِئَكَ هُوَ ٱلۡأَبۡتَرُ
How Many Letters Are In Surah Kausar?
Surah Kausar has 42 letters. It’s the shortest Surah in the Quran, however, you can take about 420 good deeds (hasanah) by reading it once. How?
Since reading one letter of the Quran is given one Hasanah, reading 42 letters gives 42 ones and each hasanah is multiplied by ten.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was the one who taught us these thousands of years ago:
“Whoever recites a letter of the Book of Allah will be credited with a good deed and a good deed is multiplied into ten. I do not say that [the word:] “Alif Lam Meem” is counted as one letter. Rather, Alif is one letter, Lam is one letter and Meem is one letter”
How Do You Say Surah Kausar In Arabic?
The kawthar word in Arabic is الكوثر. In order to know how to say the name of the surah and its ayat, watch this video, listen closely, and try to imitate what the Imam is saying. Surat Al-Kawthar (The Abundance) | Mishary Rashid Alafasy | مشاري بن راشد العفاسي | سورة الكوثر
You may also learn how to read Surah Kausar with Tajweed when you sign up for Noor academy’s Tajweed classes with professional online teachers who can teach you how to properly recite any Surah in Quran.
Surah Kausar in Arabic
- إِنَّاۤ أَعۡطَیۡنَـٰكَ ٱلۡكَوۡثَرَ
- فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَٱنۡحَرۡ
- إِنَّ شَانِئَكَ هُوَ ٱلۡأَبۡتَرُ
Surah Kausar Translation
- Verily, we have blessed You with Al Kausar (a river in Paradise).
- So, offer prayer and sacrifice to your Lord.
- Indeed your enemy is the one cut off.
Surah Kausar Transliteration
- inna ’aytaynaka al-kawthar(a)
- Fasalli li rabbika wanhar
- inna shani’aka huwa al-abtar(u)
how many words are in surah kausar?
The shortest Surah of the Quran is Surah Al-Kawthar which has 3 verses and 10 words.
Are you looking for a credible Quran academy that offers online Quran classes for kids?
Noor Academy is a pioneer school in premium online Quran teaching so your kids won’t need translation or transliteration anymore.
Surah Kausar Tafseer For Kids
If you want to teach this surah to your kids being the shortest surah to memorize, here’s a simple Surah Kausar Tafseer for kids you can tell them to explain the main idea of it:
- Allah SWT is the one who bestows all of these gifts on the believer, therefore we must turn to Him to worship, honor, and sacrifice in His name.
- Allah SWT in this Surah promises the prophet, as well as the righteous followers of him, a beautiful river in Jannah
- At the end of the surah, Allah SWT tells Prophet Muhammad (SAW) that at the end of all things, his adversaries, who are also enemies of Islam and Allah SWT, would be cut off not only from the blessings of this life but also from the benefits of the afterlife.
You don’t have to look up every surah’s Tafseer when you want to teach it to your kids. You can sign them up in “Quran for Children” classes at Noor Academy where they’ll learn Quran surahs and their meanings without leaving their home!
What Are The Benefits Of Surah Kausar?
- If you are in poverty and have nothing, reciting this Surah will open up new sources of riches for you. You will notice the money coming to you from unexpected sources. Simply pray to Allah, who is the most generous provider.
- Surah Kausar improves memory when recited multiple times.
- If you are a firm believer and recite this Surah, Allah will include you among those who will drink from this river’s water. According to the Prophet Muhammad’s Hadith, whoever recites Surah Al Kausar, Allah SWT would definitely give him water from “The River of Kausar.”
- Surah Kausar protects you against the evil plans of your enemies.
When Should I Read Surah Kausar?
The times when you recite Surah Kausar is connected with your goals of recitation. Let’s take a look at the best times you can recite Surah and what you get from it:
- Recite Surah Al Kausar 100 times on Friday evening (Thursday night) to be granted the opportunity to encounter the Prophet in a dream with Allah’s permission.
- The individual whose children die soon after birth should recite surah kawthar for 41 days, 7 times after Salah Fajr, with Allah’s grace and Surah Al Kausar, his generation will be long-living.
- You will see the Messenger (PBUH) in your dream if you recite surah kosar a hundred times after night prayer (Tahajjud).
- If a person recites Surah Kausar seven times a day, Allah will enhance his income. Also, protect his riches from theft.
- The person who recites Surah Kausar 129 times would never forget anything.
- Surah Kausar 129 times, once in the morning and once in the evening, if you wish to be wealthy in life.
- it 1000 times a day to protect yourself from evil.
Lessons from Surah Kausar :-
all surahs in the Holy Quran, have many lessons that can be learned from surah Kausar.
Here are some lessons one can learn by reading and reflecting on this surah:
Allah Almighty never abandons His prophet and supports him at all times, especially when he is insulted by his enemies.
The abundance that was given to Prophet Muhammad was so great that God commanded him to pray to him and sacrifice a camel in celebration of it.
Fatimah az Zahra, the clear example of Kausar and abundance, has such a high station that a whole chapter is revealed in her honor. She is such a noblewoman that the Prophet’s lineage continues from her.
The enemies of Allah and the Prophet will always suffer loss and they are the ones without posterity.
Don’t miss your chance of learning about all Quran Surahs and their meaning and benefits with an accredited online Quran tutor at Noor Academy. Contact our team now and make an appointment to start learning the Quran from the comfort of your home.